Interested in Net-Map training in Canada, taylored to your sector?
Through Net-Map training in combination with DataMuse Influence and Social Network software, we can create significant impacts in your work. This training will be led by Amitaska Nag (Social Network Expert and Net-Map trainer), and A.D.C.I.D. facilitator Stephen Sillett.
The Net-Map method is about engaging people directly to understand networks, unlike survey based approaches. It is a transparent and participatory way to exploring networks of influence. Participatory approaches that go deeper into issues benefit from a strong theory and practice so that those implementing the facilitation of Net-Maps can adapt to the project and participant context. This Net-Map training seeks to give foundational insights into the Praxis of using Net-Maps in projects as well as the overview of how it fits in with other Social Network Analysis approaches. The Net-Map tool has been used by fortune 500 companies to understand their business relationships and overcome organizational development hurdles on the one end of the spectrum, and by researchers and development projects to improve community engagement in Africa or understand which illicit influencers block important tax reform projects.
So if you are interested in learning to systematically develop networks for stakeholder engagement in your projects, using a method of inquiry that can help navigate complex change, this workshop will be of interest.
The Net-Map toolbox helps identify:
- influential actors that can support or harm your goals
- motivations of actors in order to strengthen advocates and to manage negative actors
- formal and informal connections, coalitions, and missing links that drive networks
- leverage points in your networks, to mitigate stakeholder risk
- networked approach to eliciting narrative and understanding
Using the Net-Map method can help you:
- build your capacities in stakeholder engagement.
- improve your participatory leadership and personal networking approach.
- motivations of actors in order to strengthen advocates and manage negative actors
- formal and informal connections, and missing links that drive networks
Net-Map is widely used by practitioners in variety of contexts, including:
- Project implementors of complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Agile coaches driving internal change processes
- Organization development, participatory leadership, personal coaching
- The training includes an introduction to the DataMuse Influence Mapping App. This user-friendly software allows you to intuitively enter, visualize, play with and share data generated from the paper Net-Maps.
- The workshop will be co-facilitated by Jennifer Jimenez and Stephen Sillett from Aiding Dramatic Change in Development, and Amit Nag, long-time Net-Map trainer and developer of the DataMuse Influence Mapping App.
- For more information, please view the attached flyer, or visit the Net Map website. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Net-Map is an interview-based mapping tool that helps people understand, visualise, discuss, and improve situations in which many different actors influence outcomes. It is an innovative approach to achieving results in complex projects where many different interests influence the result.Eva Schiffer – Creator of Net-Map Toolkit